We offer a variety of diagnostic tests, including pulmonary function testing, exercise challenges and bronchial inhalation challenges, at three convenient locations to help evaluate patient lung function.
All testing is performed by a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) with nationally recognized credentials from the National Board for Respiratory Care as a Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT). All test results are interpreted by board-certified pulmonologists.
- Full Pulmonary Function Test: Spirometry (pre- and post-bronchodilator, if warranted); Body Plethysmography for the measurement of lung volumes and airway resistance; and Diffusing Capacity (DLCO)
- Spirometry Only (pre- and post-bronchodilator)
- Maximum Voluntary Ventilation (can also be included in the full pulmonary function test)
- Maximal Respiratory Pressures (MIPS/MEPS) (can also be included in the full pulmonary function test)
- Six-Minute Walk Test (with or without supplemental oxygen titration)
- Arterial Blood Gas Analysis (at rest and/or peak exercise)
(Available only at the Center for Advanced Medicine location)
- Methacholine Challenge
- Exercise Challenge (Spirometry pre- and post-exercise)
Our Pulmonary Function Lab services are offered at our three locations: