Pulmonary Function Labs
The pulmonary function labs at our three locations offer an array of pulmonary diagnostic tests to evaluate various facets of lung function.
All testing is performed by a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) with nationally recognized credentials from the National Board for Respiratory Care as a Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT). All test results are interpreted by board certified pulmonologists.
- Full Pulmonary Function Test: Spirometry (pre and post bronchodilator, if warranted); Body Plethysmography for the measurement of Lung Volumes and Airway Resistance; Diffusing Capacity (DLco)
- Spirometry Only (pre and post bronchodilator)
- Maximum Voluntary Ventilation (can also be included in the full pulmonary function test)
- Maximal Respiratory Pressures (MIPS / MEPS) (can also be included in the full pulmonary function test)
- Six Minute Walk Test (with or without supplemental oxygen titration)
- Arterial Blood Gas Analysis (at rest and/or peak exercise)
- Methacholine Challenge
- Exercise Challenge (Spirometry pre and post exercise)